Lighten up the traditional deli roll by making these healthy pinwheels. Loaded with flavor and whole grain they are a filling lunch or dinner served with an Italian inspired chopped salad.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- For Pinwheels:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 whole wheat wraps or tortillas
- 12 slices thinly sliced turkey
- 12 slices thinly sliced pastrami
- For salad:
- 1 (9-ounce) bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (6-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and relish and set aside. To assemble pinwheel, spread 2 tablespoons of dressing on wrap, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge. Layer with turkey and pastrami. Starting at one end, roll tightly, like sushi, and cut into 4 equal sections. Repeat with remaining wraps, dressing and deli meat and serve with extra dressing and chopped salad.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, red onion, tomato, black olives and red peppers. Toss with vinaigrette and serve.