This recipe is truly "as easy as pie"! Now you can bake the same delicious apple pie without spending the extra time laboring over the crust. And best of all, these pies are in easy-to-serve single portions.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 (1-cup capacity) ramekinsServings
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons candied ginger, coarsely chopped
13 ounces Tnuva Maadanot Pastry Dough, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, sauté apples in olive oil, stirring occasionally. Sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened but not mushy.
3. Stir in lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and cook 1 minute more. Evenly distribute filling between 4 (1-cup capacity) ramekins.
3. Roll out puff pastry to about ⅛-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Use a bowl, slightly larger than the size of your ramekins, to cut out 4 large circles. Brush the edges of each circle with egg wash and put on top of ramekins. Lightly press down to seal edges to ramekin and cut a small slit in the top to let steam out.
4. Bake at 400°F for 14 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.