Chewy dates are the perfect foil for rich, bittersweet chocolate. My two-ingredient truffles equal total decadence and further prove that quality always beats quantity.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 trufflesServings
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70% cacao
- 10 pitted dates
- Garnishes: cocoa powder, desiccated coconut, shaved chocolate
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Rehydrate dates in hot water for 15 minutes. Squeeze out excess water, pulse in a food processor until pureed.
3. Stir chocolate and date puree together. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish and chill until mixture can be rolled into a truffle, about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Scoop a walnut size ball and roll it lightly between your palms. Then roll in cocoa powder, coconut or shaved chocolate.
5. Store truffles, covered, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days. Remove and warm to room temperature before serving.