Among the numerous ways to prepare beets, these curry roasted beets are of the most interesting. They make a nice addition to a salad bar or can be a side to pasta or fish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 medium beets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped celery or cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Wash, trim and wrap beets individually in foil. Place in a shallow pan and roast until tender about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix dressing by combining all ingredients except oil. When all ingredients are smooth, whisk in the oil and set aside.
4. Unwrap the beets, and rub away skin. Slice into wedges and set into your dish.
5. Spoon curry sauce over the beets and serve at room temperature.
Tip: This recipe can be doubled or tripled