This all-purpose curried tomato sauce recipe is fantastic for any occasion as a ketchup alternative. It's perfect for your next burger or as a pasta sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium heat and sauté onions and garlic until soft, about ten minutes.
2. Mix in curry powder, salt, and pepper and cook for one minute.
3. Pour in tomato sauce, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook for twenty minutes.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.