Put up this unusual stew and smell the amazing flavor before you taste it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 cup diced onion 250 mL
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (1 lb/500 g), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 3
- 1/2 of (15.5 oz/439 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 1/2
- 1/2 of (16 oz/455 g) can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained 1/2
- 1 can (14.5 oz/411 g) diced tomatoes 1
- 1 can (14 oz/400 g) vegetable broth 1
- 3 Tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter 45 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar 7 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin 7 mL
- 1/2 tsp curry powder or ground cinnamon 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 mL
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper .5 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 60 mL
1 Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 6 minutes or until they are richly browned, stirring frequently.
2 Add potatoes and cook 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Spoon into bowls and serve topped with cilantro.