Very versatile ... can be made in advance to serve with Shabbat lunch or as an elegant holiday appetizer. Don't faint at the amount of spice used -- since servings are small, flavors need to be "kicked up a notch."
- Prep Time
- 16 appetizers ServingsServings
- 1 piece cooked and chilled chicken breast remove skin and bones
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 slices parve cinnamon-raisin bread
- 4 teaspoon Major Grey Chutney can substitute peach preserves
- 16 walnut halves can substitute pean halves
Using a food processor, finely chop chicken (or shred using 2 forks). Place in 1 quart bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry, coriander, salt and pepper.
Stir curry mixture into the chicken until completely combined. If too dry, add another teaspoon of mayo. You want it to hold together without excess mayo oozing out.
Using a 1-1/2 inch biscuit cutter (or a small jar), cut out 4 rounds from each bread slice. Arrange on serving platter in a single layer.
Place a rounded tablespoon of chicken mixture on each slice. Top each with a 1/4 teaspoon of chutney, then gently press in a pecan half.
If not serving within an hour, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from fridge about a half-hour before serving.