Chicken curry fills these dough pouches and is fried to a crispness that will delight all. Make a huge batch and freeze them to have them ready whenever you need a quick bite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 75 kreplach ServingsServings
- 8 chicken breasts, cut into medium dice
- Olive oil
- 2 large Spanish onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry spices
- 1 cup petit sweet peas, fresh or frozen
- : chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh cilantro, lime juice
1 Pat dry the chicken pieces. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place a large sauté pan lightly coated with olive oil over medium heat.
2 Brown the chicken pieces in batches. Transfer the chicken to another pan.
3 Pour off the excess fat from the sauté pan. You only need enough fat to lightly coat the pan. Brown the onions and carrots in batches. Be sure to season each batch with salt and pepper. Add the garlic to the last batch of vegetables and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
4 Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, curry spice mix, peas and chicken back to the pan. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. 5 Remove the chicken and reduce the liquid to a glaze. Toss over the chicken and let cool.