This is a great dish to make one day ahead and serve on Shabbat dinner. Your family and guests will love this new kind of fish course.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 PeopleServings
- 6 to 8 oz fresh branzini fillet (from your trusted fish vendor)*
- 2.5 cups of a good Fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of a sweet rice vinegar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Couple of pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Put the flour on a plate and gently dust the bronzing fillet.
In a fry pan ( preferably non stick ) put in the vegetable oil and place it over medium heat. Cook the branzini filet - first on skin side - for 3 min each side or to a gentle light brown. Sprinkle the fillet with a pinch of salt and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk the extra virgin olive oil with the rice vinegar and a pinch of salt, then add the bay leaves.
In a shallow container put down one layer of the cooked branzini fillet and cover with oil and rice vinegar mix the branzini should be immersed in the liquid)
Let it sit over night in the fridge.
Serve with a beautiful potatoes salad, lightly pickled cucumber or a red radishes salad.
* Note: you can buy whole 1,5 lb size Branzini and have them fillet and remove all bones but leave skin on.