- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 7 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, shredded 1
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion 125 mL
- 2/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt 150 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro 30 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL, dash hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 In a small skillet, set on medium heat, heat canola oil. Add garlic and cook stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl.
2 Add cucumber, onion, yogurt, cilantro, sugar, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pita bread, toasted tortillas or as a side salad or condiment.