- 10 ServingsServings
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 cup sweet grape cherry tomatoes, halved 250 mL
- 1 (15oz/443 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 60 mL
- grated rind and juice of one medium lime
- 2 tsp cider vinegar 10 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
1 In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, beans, onion, peppers, cilantro, lime rind and juice, vinegar, canola oil, salt and pepper.
2 Toss gently, yet thoroughly to blend. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours to blend flavors.