- Prep Time
- 3 limes, juice and zest
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic- minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Blend all of the marinade spices together. This will make more than you need, save for future use.
2. Rub steaks all over with the spices and let sit while you preheat your grill.
3. Now that the grill is hot, add your steaks. Once grill is hot place your steaks on and don't touch until a full sear develops, between 1 and 5 minutes. Once seared turn to the other side. After both sides are seared, lower the heat and continue cooking until done.
4. Remove to a plate and loosely tent with foil for about 10 minutes.
5. When ready, slice thin and serve.
Best for: London Broil, Skirt Steak
Recipe by Naftali Hanau
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW