- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives OR 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/3 cup Water
- 4 snapper fillets (6 oz. each) about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges for serving
1 Preheat the oven to 400?F.
2 Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3 Pat the fish dry with paper towels and arrange in the baking pan; set aside.
4 Rinse the tomatoes under warm water.
5 In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the tomatoes, mustard, walnuts, chives and pepper and process until they form a coarse puree. Process again, adding enough water to make a spreadable paste about the consistency of mayonnaise.
6 Spread the top of each fillet with one-quarter of the mixture.
7 Stir the bread crumbs and cheese together then sprinkle over the fish.
8 Bake 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned and the fish is done; it should flake easily and be opaque throughout
9 Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: California Walnut Board