I know you'll love this flavorful noodle salad brimming with veg. It makes a perfect weekday pack along lunch for work, school, picnics or even travel. You will make everyone jealous when you open up this for lunch.
Busy Mom tip: Start the noodles in boiling water and at the end of the cook time, add the edamame and peas directly to the noodles (they will cook in just a minute or 2) and drain together.
Make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil. We love Colavita!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles, cooked
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup frozen and cooked al dente shelled edamame
- ¼ cup frozen and cooked peas
- Add-ins: sliced hard-boiled egg, sliced chicken, sliced turkey, leftover brisket, cooked pea-pods, sliced tomatoes
1. Combine noodles, cucumber, carrot, radishes, sesame seeds, edamame, and peas in a bowl.
2. Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, orange juice, ginger, and evoo together in a separate bowl. Extra vinaigrette can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3. Toss vinaigrette with salad and transfer salad to individual containers. Add toppings of your choice.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.