For a warm salad, place tofu and dressing in a sealable plastic bag or container with a tight lid. Marinate for a minimum of 4 hours, then drain, reserving dressing. Sauté tofu in 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil until warm and slightly crisp. Toss with greens and reserved dressing just before serving.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed field greens
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size pieces
- For dressing:
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons plain sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the field greens, noodles and almonds in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Add tofu to dressing and toss well to coat.
- Spoon tofu and dressing over greens. Toss and serve.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER