My latest favorite! I love how the flavors in cabbage salad get even better the next day—if only there would be leftovers.
- Prep Time
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
1. In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, scallions, and cilantro.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, soy sauce, lime zest, lime juice, and vinegar.
3. Pour over salad and stir until evenly coated.
4. Garnish with peanuts and chow mein noodles just before serving.