This dish is PERFECT for Friday night. Gefilte sticks are crispy, baked and NOT fried. Save the calories for the dessert!
Gold's horseradish sauce is sweet, tangy and perfect accompaniment to the gefilte fish. Mix with mayo, pareve cream cheese or sour cream for another twist on the dip.
Hope you enjoy this new twist on a very traditional Jewish Shabbat Classic!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 dozenServings
- 1 gefilte Fish Loaf (I use A & B)
- 1 cup matzo meal/ panko
- 1 cupcornflake crumbs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of garlic
- Olive oil (drizzle over fish)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 1 cup Golds Horseradish (Only brand I trust!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place parchment paper on jelly roll pan.
2. Unwrap frozen gefilte fish loaf. Slice lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices. Now Slice widthwise to form "french fry" shapes.
3. Crack egg into bowl, whisk with fork - this is the egg wash for the gefilte fish "sticks."
4. Mix 1 tablespoon of Gold's horseradish with egg for extra flavor boost! (optional)
5. Mix matzoh meal and cornflake crumbs with spices. Place in medium size bowl.
6. Dip gefilte into the egg and then bread. Lay on baking sheet. Repeat process until all sticks are breaded.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
1. Mix the mayo with the Gold's horseradish.
2. Serve in individual ramekins for a personal touch.