Use canned tuna to make a fun dinner of fish cakes with pasta salad. Healthy, easy and a big crowd pleaser.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 3 carrots, finely diced (divided)
- 3 celery, finely diced (divided)
- 1 cup chopped parsley (divided)
- ½ cup chopped dill (divided)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (divided)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita (divided)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked macaroni or penne or your favorite pasta
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, 1 carrot, diced, and 1 celery, diced with ¼ cup each chopped parsley and dill. Add egg, panko, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons evoo. Form tuna mixture into ⅓-cup patties. Fry 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine remaining carrots, celery, parsley and dill and mix with Dijon, evoo and lemon juice. Toss with macaroni. Serve with patties.