- 6 ServingsServings
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten (or 6 egg whites, if desired)
- 1/3 cup each, chopped red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onionFresh Fruit Salsa
- 1 whole piece of three of your favorite fruits (such as apple, mango and kiwi), peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 - 5 whole strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or 1/4 cup chopped parsley)
1 Drain the thawed potatoes on a paper-towel-lined cookie sheet; set aside
2 Coat a large, nonstick skillet with plenty of cooking spray and warm skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook the eggs (or egg whites) until just cooked (but not overcooked), about 1 - 2 minutes.
3 Flip skillet over on a clean cutting board, releasing cooked eggs. Cool eggs slightly and then cut into thin strips, approximately 1/4-inch wide by 3-inches long; set aside.
4 Spray skillet again well, and cook the potatoes over medium heat until golden, about 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
5 Using a spatula, push the potatoes to one side of the skillet. Add the onions to the cleared portion of the skillet and cook them about 3 minutes.
6 Push onions to the side with the potatoes and add the peppers; cook another 2 minutes, then stir cooked peppers, onions and potatoes together.
7 Add egg strips and cook briefly to reheat
8 Serve mixture immediately, with fresh fruit salsa
9 Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Serve alongside Crispy Southwest Home Fries.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission