This is a totally different, protein-packed, modern take on shakshuka. For an herbaceous kick, add basil.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups plain leben or Greek yogurt
- ½ cup packed spinach (frozen, defrosted, and squeezed dry)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- pickled red onion (optional)
- fresh herbs (optional)
1. Pour leben into small sauté pan and heat on low heat until heated through.
2. Add spinach, basil (if using), olive oil, goat cheese, salt, and pepper and combine.
3. Gently pour in eggs, lightly cover pan with aluminum foil, and cook on low heat until eggs are to your liking.
4. You can also heat ramekins in an oven preheated to 400°F with 2 eggs per ramekin for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with pickled red onion and fresh herbs.
Tips: If you like your eggs a bit runny in the center, leave on heat for five minutes. Like it more well-done? Leave on heat for ten.
Serve with pita or crusty bread.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.