Chunkier and more rustic than your standard mash, these spuds are enhanced by the color and flavor of fresh chives.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 pound baby Yukon Gold or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to a simmer. Cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and return to the pot.
2. Mash with a potato masher leaving some large pieces. Stir in butter, yogurt, chives, garlic powder, salt and pepper and serve immediately.