Enjoy this creamy flavorful vegan pumpkin curry soup made with silken tofu instead of cream. Filling and delicious it could be a meal unto itself.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon Soybean oil
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 16 ounces silken tofu
- 15 ounces Pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 1 Medium apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Toasted pumpkin seads (optional)
1 Heat soybean oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
2 Place onions, tofu, pumpkin, apple, broth, curry powder, pepper and salt in blender. Puree for 1 minute until smooth.
3 Return mixture to saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to gently simmer. Do not boil. Ladle into bowls; top with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
© 2010, Courtesy of United Soybean Board