This main salad, packed with bold root vegetables, is tossed with a creamy dressing that boasts the rich flavors of yogurt, garlic, and a touch of sweet honey.
- Prep Time
Feta and Root Vegetable Salad
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 medium-sized beets, raw and peeled
- 10 small radishes, quartered
- ¾ cup Tnuva Feta Cow’s or Sheep’s Milk Cheese, or Tnuva Feta Light
- ¾ cup goat’s milk yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 hot pepper, according to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon dried oregano or 3 leaves fresh oregano
1. Wash all the vegetables well. Chop the lettuce and slice the avocado. Add into a bowl and dress with lemon juice.
2. Slice the carrots, radishes and beets. Add to the lettuce and the avocado. Mix well and grate feta cheese atop the salad.
3. Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a blender and mix well. Season according to your tastes.
4. Toss together the dressing with the salad and enjoy fresh.