Try this creamy way to serve carrots and see everyone eat them at your table. Cream cheese and chives make the perfect dressing.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings, 1/2 cup each ServingsServings
- 1-1 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled, diagonally cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Bring carrots and broth to boil in large skillet on medium-high heat; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 8 to 10 min. or until carrots are crisp-tender.
Uncover; simmer 8 to 10 min. or until most the broth is cooked off and carrots are tender.
Remove from heat. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Substitute green onions for the chives. Special Extra: Serve topped with freshly cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Bonus: Carrots, high in vitamin A, taste extra special in a creamy sauce.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 70 calories, 3.5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 10mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 7g sugars, 2g protein, 340%DV vitamin A, 6%DV vitamin C, 4%DV calcium, 0%DV iron.