The only dish that can beat creamed linguini is creamed linguini with mushrooms (portabella). Serve as a main dish with a hearty salad on the side.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (4-ounce) package Linguini noodles
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and generous amount of pepper. Cook until mushrooms exude their juices, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
3. Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain well.
5. Add pasta and cheese to sauce and stir until cheese melts.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.