For dessert with a wow factor, head to your local grocer’s baking section for these prepared cannoli wrappers. An elegant, yet surprisingly easy-to-prepare treat.
- 18 cannolii ServingsServings
- 2 (8 ounce) containers non-dairy whipping cream, not whipped
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 18 chocolate fudge wafer rolls, such as Presidor
- White and dark chocolate for garnish
Place non-dairy whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar into bowl of electric mixer. Beat 4 to 5 minutes until stiff. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts. Beat 30 seconds until just combined. Put cream in a gallon size resealable bag. Cut off one tip and fill one cannoli by piping cream into each side. Lay flat on parchment paper.
Repeat with remaining cannoli. Melt dark and white chocolate separately in microwave or in double boiler.With a spoon, drizzle chocolate in a criss cross design over cannoli, by moving your hand in a back and forth motion. Alternatively, put melted chocolate in a gallon size resealable plastic bag and cut off a tiny hole in the corner. Drizzle over cannoli with a back and forth motion. Allow chocolate to harden.
The Bais Yaakov Cookbook
(Feldheim Publishers; 2011 Hardcover $36.99)