Poppy seed dressing adds flavor and style to this spinach, cranberry and feta cheese salad.
- Prep Time
- 1 (10-ounce/284-gram) bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (250-ml) dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup (150-ml) toasted shaved almonds
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup (75-ml) crumbled light feta cheese
- 2/3 (150-ml) cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons (30-ml) balsamic vinegar with raspberry juice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15-ml) poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons (1-ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2-ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1-ml) pepper
1. In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, cranberries, almonds, green onion and feta cheese.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine canola oil, balsamic vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Pour dressing over top of salad ingredients and toss lightly. Serve immediately.