Modern riff on traditional sweet dairy kugel. Perfect for Rosh Hashanah, Break-the-fast, Shabbat and Shavuot.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 1/4 pound butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Place cranberries in a bowl, pour the orange juice on top and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Butter a 9"x 13" baking dish.
4. Cook noodles al dente, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to coat all the noodles.
5. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, orange rind and salt. Blend ingredients thoroughly and spoon the mixture over the noodles.
6. Add cranberries and any remaining juice to the noodles. Mix ingredients well.
7. Place in the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is browned and crunchy.