Delicious cranberry macadamia bars can be a decorative dessert or fun snack bars for kids.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 barsServings
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Combine all crust ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
1. Combine all filling ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Carefully spread filling over hot, partially baked crust.
2. Bake for 22-27 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Combine powdered sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice for desired glazing consistency in a small bowl.
2. Drizzle glaze over warm bars. Cool completely.