Turkey drumsticks grilled with cranberry sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, as needed
1. In a small saucepan combine cranberry sauce, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice, mustard and garlic powder.
2. Bring to boiling. Immediately reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cover and reserve 1 cup sauce.
1. Pat turkey drumsticks dry with a paper towel. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Prepare grill for indirect heat method: arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat about pan.
3. Place drumsticks on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 50-60 minutes, rotating drumsticks after 25 minutes. Grill until turkey is tender, no longer pink and internal temperature registers 180 degrees. Brush occasionally with sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling.
4. Serve reserved cranberry sauce with drumsticks. Serve with rice pilaf and garnish with parsley.
Source: National Turkey Federation