This dish is so sweet and delicious that you can eat it cold, straight from the fridge. I've even been known to sneak back into the kitchen to enjoy an extra helping as a sweet post-dessert bite. (Hey, I was pregnant, all right?)
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless chicken breast cutlets, about 3 pounds
1. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, blend orange juice with flour, adding flour slowly, whisking to keep smooth.
2. Add cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Stir to mix.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cool cranberry mixture slightly.
4. Rinse cutlets and pat dry. Place in a large, deep skillet.
5. Pour cranberry mixture over chicken in skillet. Cover and simmer 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER