This Chicken Margarita may have cranberry sauce but don't save it only for Thanksgiving. Quick and easy to prepare, keep the recipe on hand all year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
1. Slice breasts in half horizontally. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to about 3/8-inch thickness.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Cover loosely with foil; keep warm until serving time.
4. Add garlic to skillet and cook over low heat 1 minute. Stir in cranberry sauce and tequila; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken.
Sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired.
7. Serve immediately with remaining sauce, lime wedges and coarse salt.