This eye-catching cranberry-almond cake is a divine way to use up leftover cranberry sauce.
This beautiful cake makes a gorgeous centerpiece on a dessert buffet. Simple to make, its a tasty way to reuse leftover cranberry sauce. Don't worry if you have less than two cups, this cake will still turns out delicious if you only have a cup, or less, of sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cakeServings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, or 1 to 2 cups of leftover cranberry sauce, depending on how much you have
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon warm water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Alternately, add the dry ingredients and sour cream, ending with the dry ingredeints. Mix in the almond extract.
4. Grease a bunt or tube pan. Pour 1/3 of the batter in the bottom of the pan, swirl 1/3 of the cranberry sauce on top of the batter. Add another layer of batter and more cranberry sauce. Add remaining batter; swirl the remaining cranberry sauce on top.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cake is golden and an inserted cake tester comes out dry.
While the cake bakes, mix together the topping ingredients in a small bowl. When the cake is cool, remove from the pan and drizzle the topping over it.