- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- Pinch of celery seed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepperCouscous
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 pkg. (12 ounces) couscous
- Chicken stock or waterSalad
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 small can (8 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. California raisins
- 1/4 c. finely diced red onion
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 c. toasted pistachios, roughly chopped; for garnish
- Kosher salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
4 In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil, salt and turmeric with the amount of stock or water called for on the couscous package.
5 Cook following the directions. Turn into a mixing bowl and toss to cool.
7 Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, raisins, onions, scallions, parsley and mint to the couscous.
8 Add dressing and fold gently to combine. Serve cold, warm or at room temperature. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Source: Chef Roy Harland and California Raisin Marketing Board