Make a seasonal couscous salad with the vibrant colors of tomatoes and asparagus to delight all the senses.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup couscous (large grain recommended)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 pound tomatoes, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- ½ fresh green asparagus
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoon pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to medium heat (325 degrees F).
- Place the tomatoes in a baking pan and season with olive oil (set aside one tablespoon), a teaspoon of oregano and salt. Bake for about twenty minutes or until the tomatoes shrink slightly.
- Cut the asparagus in three and cook in salted water in a medium pot. Place a bowl of icy water next to the cooking pot.
- Cook the asparagus in the boiling water during only 30 seconds and transfer immediately to the icy water.
- Place the couscous into a medium bowl containing abundant hot water (almost boiling). Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Mix the couscous with the vinegar, the vegetables and remaining tomatoes oil. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary with salt and pepper. Add pine nuts and serve.
Courtesy of: Laisha Magazine
Senior Chef: Michal Levi Elhallel
Junior Chef: Zahi Ben Shbaath