- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup (190g) uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 tablespoon butter or trans-fat free margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (75g) seedless raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 (510 ml) cups water*
- milk or cream (optional)
- honey or brown sugar (optional)
- fresh fruit or toasted nuts (optional)
- *For moister rice, add ¼ cup (30 ml) extra water.
1 ombine rice, salt, butter, raisins and cinnamon with water 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir.
2 Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 40 to 50 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3 Fluff with fork. Serve with milk or cream, honey or brown sugar, and fresh fruit or nuts, if desired.
Source: Recipe courtesy of www.usarice.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org