- one long loaf cake ServingsServings
- 3 cup flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dairy or pareve sour cream, such as Tofutti brand
- Zest of one large orange, plus the juice of the orange
- Zest of 3 limes, plus the juice of the limes
- About 1/3 cup whole or lowfat milk, or pareve milk substitute such as soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored vodka or water
- 1 tablespoon triple sec liqueur or orange juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a large loaf pan, about 12” x 6” x 2 ½”. Set aside.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the orange and lime zests and sour cream and blend well. Juice the orange and limes into a measuring cup and add enough milk or soy milk to equal ¾ cup of combined liquids; add to the wet ingredients along with the vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture all at once and mix just until the dry ingredients are absorbed into the wet ones. Fold in the cranberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, set pan on a baking sheet to collect any drips and bake in the center of the oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
To make the glaze, whisk the confectioners sugar together with vodka and triple sec (or substitutes) until smooth. Pour over the cooled cake and allow to drip down the sides.