Nothing can beat the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Combined with whipped cream in a parfait is just a taste of Heaven!
- Prep Time
- 6 individual souffle dishes, buttered and lined with wax paper on all sides
- 8 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- 2 boxes Tagalong cookies
1. Melt chocolate with 2 tablespoons butter in top of double boiler. While chocolate is melting, prepare crust for parfait.
2. Whip 1 cup whipping cream with 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla just until slightly thickened. Add cream mixture to melted chocolate and fold together.
3. Divide chocolate mixture evenly between six molds and tap down lightly.
4. Whip 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with confectioner's sugar until soft peaks form. Mix peanut butter with 2 tablespoon butter until very smooth and creamy.
5. Fold the 2 mixtures together and divide evenly between the six molds. Smooth tops and tap lightly.
6. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator at least 30 min. before serving. Place parfait on plate and remove mold.
7. Gently peel away wax paper. Garnish with remaining cookies that have been coarsely chopped and shaved chocolate. Serves 6.
Finely grind 1-1/2 boxes of Tagalong cookies. Divide mixture evenly between six prepared molds. Gently pat down cookie mixture to form bottom crust of parfait.