- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 pkg.:Trefoils
- 5 (3 oz.):chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bars
- 4 egg:whites
- 1/2 teaspoon:cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon:vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon:salt
- 1/2 cup:sugar
- Line 9x9 pan with foil. Place Trefoils on top. Place ice cream bars on top.
- Cover with another layer of cookies. Place in freezer. Preheat oven to 500°.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (one tablespoon at a time) and beat on high with electric beater.
- Make sure meringue is very stiff. Remove pan from freezer and transfer everything (including foil) to a cookie sheet.
- Fold out side of foil and quickly cover with meringue all around. Bake for 2 to 3 min.
- or until meringue is light brown. Quickly return to freezer for no more than 5 hrs. Serves 6 to 8