Concord grape sorbet is deep, gorgeous purple and bright and incredibly fresh tasting. I make a lot of sorbets and have been making them for years and this one is a favorite. It is probably the best tasting sorbet you will have. Grab the fresh Concord grapes when they come into season in thes fall and serve this aromatic and rich sorbet at your holiday meals.
- 1 quart ServingsServings
- 2 pound fresh Concord grapes
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the grapes, water and sugar in a non-reactive saucepan. Simmer the grapes until they start to fall apart (about 3-5 minutes). Remove from the heat before they gel-this happens quickly!
- Strain the grape mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. You should have 3 cups of grape juice.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and chill the mixture at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Process the grape juice in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instruction.