To help you take a break from calorie-laden kugels and latkes, you might want to try this recipe. The ingredients pair well with other fresh herbs and veggies, so feel free to add some of your own favorites.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound each of red, white and purple potatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat (light) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; microwave on high for 9-11 minutes or until tender (so that the tip of a pairing knife can be slipped into the center of a potato without resistance.)
2. Remove from microwave and when potatoes are cooled, cut into pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
4. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat.
5. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.