Harissa is a spicy Tunisian or Moroccan condiment used to flavor meat or veggie dishes. You can make your own with our easy Harissa recipe, or use store bought, to save on time. Serve these roasted carrots with our Over the Top Hummus Bar.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 medium carrots, multi-colored if possible
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup harissa, homemade (link under photo) or store bought
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice carrots on the bias into 1 ½-inch size pieces. Toss with evoo, salt, and pepper. Place on prepared sheet pan. Roast at 350°F for 20 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, stir harissa and honey. Remove carrots from the oven, drizzle harissa mixture over top. Return carrots to the oven and cook for 10 minutes more, until caramelized.
4. Cool carrots on baking sheet, then transfer to a platter. Serve as a side dish or with our Over the Top Hummus Bar.