This raw vegan recipe is a very nice snack, appetizer or pass around any time. Filling and delicious. Recipe by Alisa Fleming, author of the Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook, founder ofwww.GoDairyFree.org, and Senior Editor for Allergic Living magazine.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- Collard Green Leaves, nice full healthy ones
- Hummus, your flavor of choice
- Carrots, for shredding
- Avocado, sliced (optional - I didn’t have any)
- Leftover Chicken (optional - omit for a vegan option)
- Olives (optional - my hummus was kalamata olive hummus so I could resist)
- Other Veggie Toppings of Choice (go wild!)
1 Lay the leaves flat, and cut them in half, carefully cutting out that thick stem.
2 Spread each leaf half with your favorite hummus (I was using an olive hummus, hence the darker color), and sprinkle with grated or shredded carrot.
3 Okay, get ready, this is my first ever step by step photo – except it is just one step …
4 Now, simply roll them up tight for a very light snack (I did this once, and they were tasty just like this!), or top them with your choice of toppings.
5 The second time I made them I had some leftover chicken and olives, so I went with this, which made thicker rolls.