- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepperSalad
- 6 c. shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 c. shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 c. grated carrots
- 1/3 c. California golden raisins
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped, toasted and salted peanuts
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh chives
2 Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
3 Stir in the mayonnaise, celery seed and horseradish.
4 Season to taste with salt and pepper. Be sure sugar is dissolved before serving.
6 Toss the cabbages, carrots, raisins and peanuts in a large mixing bowl with desired amount of dressing.
7 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8 Arrange in a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped eggs and chives.
Source: Chef Roy Harland and California Raisin Marketing Board