Butcher's cut cracked black pepper is an even coarser and larger-flaked spice than coarse black pepper. It's beautiful in contrast to the white flesh of the fish and is especially appealing with the lime slices.
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 cod fillets, about 3 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon butcher's cut cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- Brown rice, cooked according to package directions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse cod and pat dry. Place in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Squeeze juice of half a lime over fish. Cut remaining half into 4 thin slices. Place one slice over each piece of cod.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice, if desired.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER