- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- Cod Cakes:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 cup(1/4 lb.) Red onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup (3 oz.) Celery, chopped
- 3 cups Fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash Cayenne, ground Gremolata:
- 1/2 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon zest, minced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, minced
1 Cod Cakes: Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2 Place fish filets in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip to cook on alternate side.
3 Add onions and celery and continue cooking for 3-4, stirring occasionally and breaking up fish into smaller chunks.
4 When onions and celery are just tender and fish is entirely opaque, remove from heat, transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until cool.
5 When fish mixture is cool, transfer into the bowl of a food processor fit with the metal blade. Add 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, California Ripe Olives, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, parsley, salt and cayenne.
6 Pulse 3-5 times to until coarsely chopped and combined, but not pureed. Form into 8 (2.5 oz.) patties and coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
7 Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium. Place cod cakes in pan and fry on each side for 2-4 minutes until golden.