It's like a giant macaroon that you can slice into and serve with fresh fruit or chocolate drizzled over top for a more elegant presentation.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons orange juice
1½ cups shredded coconut
¼ cup ground almonds
2 Tablespoon superfine matzo meal
½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease a 9" round cake pan with pareve margarine and sprinkle with matzo meal to coat. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Then beat in vanilla and orange juice. Combine coconut, almonds, matzo meal, and orange peel in a medium bowl and fold into the egg whites.
- Spread in prepared pan, and bake at 350℉ about 20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan. Slice to serve, and top with fresh fruit or drizzle with chocolate.