Making your own granola is easy--just mix and bake. We use coconut oil in this recipe for amazing flavor and extra health benefits. Try swapping out cranberries and almonds for your family’s favorite dried fruit and nut favorites.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 7 CupsServings
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 2 cups whole cashews
- 1 cup dried and unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sea or kosher salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown flax seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place oats, raisins, cranberries, almonds, cashews, coconut, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, salt, syrup, and flax seeds in a large mixing bowl. Toss together to thoroughly coat.
3. Divide mixture between baking sheets, and spread out into a thin layer. Bake in a 325°F oven, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until nuts and oats are toasty golden brown.
4. Cool and store in tightly covered containers at room temperature. Serve over yogurt, ice cream, or enjoy it as a snack.