A DELECTABLE WAY to end the Passover meal is with a great dessert...
- 8 ServingsServings
Coconut Cream & Ginger
- 2 can coconut milk (15 oz.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Corn Starch or Potato Starch
- 3 Dorot Crushed Ginger Cubes
- 4 whole Matzot
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 20 fresh Strawberries
- Melt the corn starch using 1 cup coconut milk.
- Add the egg whites, sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the remainder of the coconut milk in a medium sized pan and add the corn flour mix to it.
- Add the Dorot ginger cubes and mix thoroughly on a low heat until the mixture thickens into cream.
- Remove from the heat and refrigerate.
Preparation (Caramel Matzot)
- Dampen the matzot with water until they begin to soften.
- Cut the matzot into circles using a knife or pastry cutter.
- Using a large frying pan, melt the sugar on a low heat and then had the coconut milk, mixing well all the time.
- Dip the matzot rounds into the mixture on both sides, remove and then drain.
- Halve the strawberries.
- Place on each matza round the coconut cream and the strawberries.