- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1/2 :cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 :cup of boiling water
- 2 :cups of flour
- 1 :teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 :teaspoon salt
- 1/2 :cup of softened butter or margarine
- 1 :cup of sugar
- 1 :teaspoon vanilla
- 2 :eggs
- In a bowl whisk together the cocoa and boiling water.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add 2 large eggs to the butter mixture, stirring between each egg to combine thoroughly.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the cocoa water mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- Batter may be stored in the refrigerator until needed.
This recipe is a fun way to portion out cake mix into individual servings much like cupcakes, but with a much quicker bake time.